Finding a rental home that allows pets can be difficult if you’re a Baltimore City pet owner looking for a new place to call home. Some landlords and property managers, in fact, demand a pet resume from prospective tenants before even considering renting to them. And what exactly is a pet resume? Simply put, a pet resume is a document that includes details about your pet, including their age, weight, breed, vaccination history, and other vital information. Here are five reasons why all pet owners should make a pet resume, as well as instructions on how to do so!
Five Reasons Why You Need a Pet Resume
- A well written pet resume can help you stand out among other applicants. Anything you can do to differentiate yourself from other renters is a plus in a market where rentals are competitive. And given how uncommon it is to create a pet resume, doing so can help set your application apart and show that you’re a responsible pet owner.
- It proves that you are responsible and able to care for a pet. By taking the time to create a resume for your pet, you demonstrate to Baltimore City property managers that you put in extra effort for your pet. Even if they are not big fans of pets, this might persuade them to rent to you.
- It showcases that you know how to properly care for a pet and a rental home. This is significant because it demonstrates that you will take good care of the rental property and cause no harm while you are a tenant.
- It demonstrates your dedication to and commitment to providing for your pets. Creating a resume for your pet shows your devotion to them. This illustrates to landlords that you won’t abuse your pet, neglect them, or permit them to cause damage to the property, which is significant.
- It makes landlords more comfortable letting you have a pet in their rental properties. This is so they can decide for themselves whether you and your pet are the right fit for their property based on all the information they require.
How to Write a Great Pet Resume
Now that you understand why a pet resume is necessary, it’s time to learn how to write one! Following are some pointers for writing a strong pet resume:
- Start by giving some general information about your pet. Name, breed, age, and other details about your pet should be included.
- Include a copy of your pet’s vaccination records as well. Verify that they have received all necessary vaccinations and, if required by law, that they have registered with the local authorities.
- Provide any information regarding your pet’s special needs or requirements.
- Include any accomplishments, certifications, or noteworthy details about your pet. If your pet has taken obedience classes or received other specialized training, this is a perfect example.
- List references who can vouch for your pet’s character. If at all possible, include references from your previous landlord and neighbors.
- Submit a current picture of your pet. A picture, as they say, is worth a thousand words! Additionally, it might win over your potential landlord.
You can create a great pet resume that will help you find a pet-friendly rental if you use these tips!
One of the easiest ways to find your next pet-friendly rental home is to contact Real Property Management Prime at 410-415-1736. It’s possible that we have just the place for you and your pet.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.